I had seen Sophie's Choice a few years back, and hadn't particularly liked the movie. So when my book club picked the book, I wasn't too keen on reading the book either. However about a month after our last book-club meeting, for want of a book to read, I did end up picking "Sophie's Choice".
The verbose descriptions in the firt few pages of the somewhat mundane life of a struggling writer in Brooklyn, was quite novel and interesting. And before I knew it, I was halfway through the book. I would highly recommend this book to people who want to test their vocabulary skills :).
I finished the book today, and though I wasn't highly impressed with the book, I sure am glad I read the book. I think the reason I didn't like the book was because I didn't quite like Sophie's character too much. The book is a first person account by Stingo, the struggling author, who is quite endearing though.
No comments:
Post a Comment