Yesterday on Fresh Air, I heard Ariel Levy talk about her new book "Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the rise of Raunch Culture". I couldn't help but nod my head in agreement during most of the interview.
I remember a couple of years back when a colleague at work was given a traditional bachelor party by the guys at work, and the talk was rife about who was going and who wasn't. A female co-worker and I were a minority when we wondered how something as raunchy as that could be fun!
But these days I just keep quiet. In the last one month I was invited to two bachelorette parties. I ofcourse didn't go. And I am sure I would be labeled a prude if I ask them what exactly is enjoyable about going to a strip club. When exactly did participating in raunchy behaviour become mainstream? I may grab the book and read it sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment