Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thanksgiving in Santa Barbara

We and a couple of our friends rented a small cottage in Santa Barbara for the thanksgiving weekend. The plan was to explore downtown Santa Barbara, go to the farmer's market, cook atleast one meal at home, and relax.

The cottage was beautiful. It was exactly what we wanted. The local shops were fabulous, the walks around the neighbourhood beautiful, and it was really good to sample R's carefully chosen gourmet recipes.

There were a lot of firsts to this vacation, and so it really was a special trip for me. Though some things didn't quite work out the way we wanted them to, R and I somehow overlooked those things and had a fun trip. We spent a few hours painting one day. And for a change, I had a great time cooking and cleaning up.

One lesson that I learnt from the trip was that if you choose to not let things bother you, they won't.

No comments: