Its been close to 2 months now since we haven't read books regularly to S. There have been occasions where I have read one or two books to him, or he has let other visitors read books to him, but mostly he insists on reading the books himself. No he doesn't know know how to read yet, he just thinks he can.
Initially I thought it was a phase, and then I started getting worried. I got different books, books involving more complex stories, fairy tales, dump trucks, dinosaur books. Sometimes he will ask me what a particular animal, or thing is in a book. But he wants to do most of it himself. And to keep me out of his hair, I think, he gives me another book to read. I have to read my book aloud and he reads his book aloud.
Today morning he gave me a Curious George book to read, and he picked up another book and started reading. So I figured I was to read aloud and not bother him. Well, guess what, little S got interested in my book. So he looks at me and says, "You share". And we read the book together.
2 comments:
soooo sweet !!!
Aww - totally cute !
Post a Comment