Monday, February 06, 2006

Carlsbad 5K

So far I have taken part in four 5Ks; three of which were organized by Cisco, and the course was around the Cisco Campus in San Jose. All the participants were Cisco employees who were in much better shape than me, so in all the races I pretty much ended up running on my own.

In my first 5K, the volunteer at the water station was packing up by the time I reached the station, in my second 5K one of the gym instructors came looking for some of us in a car (my saving grace was that I was the second last person to finish), and in my third 5K at Cisco, there were atleast a few people behind me *grin*.

Last October, I took part in a 5K arranged by "The Art of Living" at Balboa Park in San Diego. The course was poorly marked and I, along with a bunch of other people got lost. I made it to the finishing line though. But that 5K was such a disaster for me !

Boy, I am really looking forward to the Carlsbad 5K.

No comments: