Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Fastest 5K so far

Today I am quite proud of myself. I finished the Carlsbad 5K with my best 5K time so far. I ran at an 11 minute 53 second pace. I finished the first mile in under 12 minutes, and was a little worried that I would run out of steam. But then at the second mile marker I realised that I was running at a 12 minute pace and was quite far from getting tired.

I reach the finish line totally famished, and R is there camera in hand, totally excited with my pace, and talking about my under 12 minute first mile and an equally quick second mile, and how I seemed a little tired around 2.5 miles. I was a little surprised, but was too tired to figure out how he seemed to know everything there was to know about my run. Later I found out from him, that he basically was jogging on the curb, with the camera and the backpack, and was following my run. :)

At times like these, I realise how lucky I am.

2 comments:

maudi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
maudi said...

Congratulations!