I love spring, I love summer, I love the change of seasons. And I love the festive fall and winter seasons too. This year we had a fabulous Navratri. And I am looking forward to an equally fabulous Diwali.
As far as I can remember, every year after Navratri, my house in India used to be abuzz with all the Diwali planning. Cleaning up the house (as thorough as spring cleaning, if not more), making a list of sweets to be prepared and bought(the traditional maharashtrian fare was always fixed, but the more conventional favorites had to be picked for guests). Discussions would abound about the Rangoli, and the non-sweet snacks to be prepared. When we were younger we would ofcourse check out the shops for firecrackers too. And then the shopping for new clothes for the New Year. And the stocking of books before the local library would close for Diwali.
Sigh I miss those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment