Thursday, February 01, 2007

On Keyhole Morals

Most people have different morals and values, when they think they are not being watched. This thought has stuck with me ever since I read A.G.Gardiner's essay "On keyhole morals", in the 11th grade.

But sometimes when you know a person for some time, you can see through the act. One may ignore the signs for sometime. But I think it doesn't really make any sense to continue being friends with someone who is totally unscrupulous and selfish.

I would rather be alone than have friends who have no morals.

3 comments:

Gaurav said...

Manali, Thanks for reminding. I remember distinctly now, I loved that chapter when I read it in school. I think keyhole morals are relative but everyone has them in some degrees. Some are harmless and some are not.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Gaurav some are definitely harmless.

maudi said...

I call them double standards.