Saturday, May 05, 2007

The Flat Stanley Project


About a month back, I got my 7 year old nephew's Flat Stanley in mail. This was right before my Carlsbad 5k. So we decided that I should run with Flat Stanley in my hand. I did get some cheers because of Flat Stanley :)

R and I had a lot of fun taking Flat Stanley around San Diego. But getting the letter and pictures ready was quite a bit of work. R and his photoshop expertise helped, but I had a lot of trouble getting the document printed to the right size, and mailing it. I hope my nephew likes what we put together for him.

But this Flat Stanley stint made me realise how terribly busy my life is. How taking care of taxes, finding out suitable car tires, or working on a simple project for my nephew, spills over on to the weekends. All I can manage to do these days is work and dance. How do I stop life from rushing by?

2 comments:

Vibha said...

Hey .. u seem to have done a very good job for ur nephews project :) "Flat Stanley" sounds such a nice project - wud definitely get Mishu started on this once she grows up :)

Swapna Nair said...

This is really cool :-)