Monday, August 15, 2011

Lost youth

I feel that I have lost my youth. Hasn't someone said that "Youth is wasted on the young". It definitely holds true for me. I am not talking about lost opportunities, that will be a different post for a different time. I am talking about lost innocence. I wasn't carefree enough.

Anyways, a bunch of friends were heading out for a Drag Show. Though it is not something I would have picked for my evening out, it was a fun evening. The show wasn't spectacular, the food wasn't great. But it was fun being in the company of friends who were out to have a good time. And to stumble across beautiful poetry.


To make love with a stranger is the best.
There is no riddle and there is no test.

To lie and love, not aching to make sense
Of this night in the mesh of reference.

To touch, unclaimed by fear of imminent day,
And understand, as only strangers may.

To feel the beat of foreign heart to heart
Preferring neither to prolong nor part.

To rest within the unknown arms and know
That this is all there is; that this is so.

-Vikram Seth.

No comments: