Monday, January 09, 2012

My Sunshine

A few months back, S said, "Mamma can you sing the Sun song"?. And I made up some song and sang it with a made up tune with a lot of gusto, b'coz you cannot do anything half-heartedly with him. He got really upset. In my defense, I usually get random requests from him, "Can you tell me a tiger and a firefighter story?", "Can you tell me an idli story?", "Can you sing a song about Panda bears". And so on.

Both R and I have become quite creative in churning out stories and songs. Anyways, S was very serious about the Sun song and I did a google search as well. Checked with the nanny too.

Last weekend, we were driving our new Toyota Prius Station Wagon and we were using R's phone to stream Pandora through bluetooth to the Car's stereo system. We were ofcourse playing children's songs. And it started playing "You are my sunshine". S was super happy, and I realized that this was "The Sun song". I am amazed at his memory. He later told me that a lady was singing this song at the library and a man got mucus in his nose. I am guessing he saw a guy shedding a few tears?

My lovely lovely baby. You really are my sunshine.

No comments: