Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Social Network

Watched the movie sometime back. And it still is an enigma for me as to why Facebook is so popular.

I know that if I had a "normal" life. That is if I could go to work and interact with colleagues, instead of working remotely, and if I had a community of friends I didn't need an appointment to meet, I would definitely have not gotten hooked to it. But why is everyone else so much into it? Facebook friends are not real life friends. And do I really need to care what my friends from grade II are upto?

These days my facebook time has gone down considerably. I check allrecipes.com instead to plan next week's menu. B'coz before you know it, the week is gone and you need a shopping list, and you need to figure out a menu that will appeal to your 3 year old son and your 1 year old daughter and will help you lose some weight. A tall order indeed.

No comments: