Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On Death

This is how yesterday's conversation went.

Sr: Mama, what is Aaji's mom's name?
Me: "...."

Sr: Where is she?
Me: She is dead. (I really didn't know what to say)

Sr: What does that mean?
Me: When people get really old they die.

Sr: How do they die?
Me: They fall asleep and never wake up.

Sr: What is Aaji's dad's name?
me: "..."

Sr: Where is he?
Me: He is dead too.

Sr: What is Grandpa's dad's name?
Me: "...."

Sr: Where is he?
Me: He is dead.

Sr: What is Grandpa's mom's name?
Me: "..."

Sr:  Where is she?
Me: She is dead too.

Sr: Did she cry when she died?
Me: No, she died very peacefully.

Sr: I don't want to die. I want to play all the time.
Me: You are not going to die, you are going to live for 100 more years.

Sr: Mama, how did I get in your tummy?
Me: After Daddy and I got married, daddy's sperm united with my egg and a baby was formed. And then the baby became big in my tummy and then you were born.

Sr: How did I come out?  (I am glad he didn't ask me how the sperm got to my egg :)
Me: For some people they need cut the tummy to get the baby out, for some the baby comes out from between the legs. You were born from between my legs.

Sr: Did it hurt you? Did you cry?
Me: Yes, I cried.

And he looked very sad.

I then told him, I was at the hospital and there were doctors and nurses to help me, and I was fine after he was born.

I really didn't expect to have this conversation this early.

No comments: