Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

Yesterday R and I watched Hotel Rwanda. I have no words to describe what I felt. I think cinema is a great medium to bring a message across. However I clearly remember what Joaquin Phoenix tells Don Cheadle in the movie after the latter thanks him for shooting footage of the genocide,
"I think if people see this footage, they'll say Oh, my God, that's horrible. And then they'll go on eating their dinners."

The least I can do is donate some money to the United Nations foundation.

2 comments:

Samir said...

Have you read the Philip Gourevitch book - "We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda"? It's a bit dated now since we know so much more about Rwanda, but still worth a read.

After reading the book, you can never ever forget about Rwanda.

Anonymous said...

No I haven't. But, I have now added the book to my to-read list.