Monday, December 19, 2005

In Vino Veritas

This post is one week late. But I had to describe what we did for R's birthday.

R's birthday was on a weekday this year. We went to his favorite restaurant Coconut Grove, which specializes in Kerala cuisine, for lunch. I prepared Indian style fried shrimp for appetizers, and the main dish was my mom's shrimp curry. R was pleasantly surprised. I am a vegetarian and though I had told him I was going to cook a special meal for him, I know that he wasn't expecting fish for dinner. Dessert was a two layered chocolate cake. It was yummy !

But since R made sure that my birthday was spectacular, I wanted to plan something for the weekend too. My birthday weekend went something like - Balboa Park on Saturday afternoon, a quick dinner and Margaritas at home, Comedy club after dinner. On Sunday, Torrey Pines run, brunch at La Jolla with a spectacular view, followed by ice-skating at Del Coronado. Nothing could beat that. R sure sets the bar high !

Anyways, for R's birthday on saturday we did our India shopping and had dinner at home. And Sunday was supposed to be the day. We went to Torrey Pines for a run, then we went to Azul, La Jolla for brunch. Azul has champagne brunches, and the view was spectacular. I am so glad I didn't pick any "new" thing, and that we stuck with what we enjoy doing the most. Actually, Azul was one of R's picks for my birthday weekend.

And then we drove to Temecula valley for wine tasting. R loved it. I hope it was a spectacular birthday weekend for him too.

No comments: