I love to dance. I was the only 1st grader to represent my school, in an Inter-School Garba competition. Everyone else participating that year was in the 3rd or 4th grade. I remember participating in every dance event in my school.
My sister and I wanted to learn bharatnatyam, and tried to convince our parents to send us for dance lessons as well. Anyways, I distinctly remember how I learnt about Odissi. I saw Pratima Bedi's performance and found out that she learnt Odissi in her late 20s. I loved Odissi, I found it graceful and poetic! I thought if she could learn the dance form in her late 20s, there was maybe some hope for me. And that I shouldn't fret about not having learnt dance as a kid. Ofcourse that never happened.
Till A told me about the Odissi lessons. So far I have gone to 3 classes. And I love it. I have been googling for Odissi videos online. I came across this video clip, which features my teacher. He is one of the dancers in the background. He is expecting us to give a performance in a year. I hope his wishes come true. :)
And check this one out too.
No comments:
Post a Comment