Saturday, March 10, 2007

My odissi dance performance

This last one month I have been extremely busy with work and Odissi dance practice. And then last week, we had our performance. After a month of endless practice sessions, anxiety attacks, I was hoping for a smooth performance. But it was not to be.

There was a mix-up with the order of performance, some announcements backstage related to our music, which incidentally was just fine. The backstage was quite chaotic. And in all that chaos, I forgot that I was going to be dancing on stage after 20 years. :) I think we as a group did ok, and our teacher got lot of praise as well. But I didn't quite enjoy it.

I enjoy dancing, but not performing.

2 comments:

Vibha said...

Hey .. dunno how the actual performance went, but u sure were looking like a proper odissi dancer - with the makeup and clothes :) Am sure u were graceful and great on stage as well ... ur backstage photos do seem to say so.

Anonymous said...

thanks Vibha. :)