Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cheetah

In the 2nd week of Jan, while going through a Zoo magazine, S said "Cheetah", when I showed him a picture of the animal. He kept repeating the word that day. His very first animal. He knew how to woof and moo and meow, but this was the first time he had actually identified an animal by its name.

We were in India in Feb, and he still hadn't forgotten his Cheetah. He would keep saying Cheetah and scout for the animal in various magazines and newspapers. I ofcourse had also carried his "Cheetah" magazine with us.

Last week we went to the San Diego Zoo and bought a stuffed "Cheetah" for him. His eyes just light up when he sees his Cheetah. Yesterday he was pointing at Cheetah's eyes and then his own.. then Cheetah's nose and then his own.. and I couldn't help but remember a Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin believes he too is a tiger. Does my little baby think he is a Cheetah?

No comments: