After Siddhi was born, the first few months we used to do things around the neighbourhood only. Maybe go to the park, or go for walks, grocery shopping or eat out. Even a shopping trip used to be exciting for him, and so we didn't really bother to take him to any place more beautiful. I clearly remember the first time we took him to Torrey Pines. This was sometime in June of 2009. We saw the beach and then we drove up and walked around the vista points. Siddhi was enthralled. (yes I could tell). On our drive back, he looked at me with so much pleasure as if to say "thank you".
Many a times in the first year of his life, I have seen this look of his. Like when on a cold/gloomy day in December, I took him for a holiday cookie swap party, and we were waiting for my friend to open the door, and he was all happy to see the Christmas decorations outside and gave me a big smile. Like when on our return trip from India, during transit I take him to the new terminal at Singapore Airport and he turns around in his stroller and gives me a big wide smile again as if to say "thank you" for showing me this beautiful place.
And then one morning in April when I served him Idli for breakfast, he clearly said "Thank Uu, Mama" and proceeded to eat the idli with gusto. My heart just melted.
2 comments:
Awwww...
So sweet ! I can totally relate to what you are saying. With Neil he goes into this silly giggling mode where it is so obvious that he is happy :)
Post a Comment