I started going for Odissi lessons 4 months back. I didn't miss a single class. It was super hard. Since I got one break, once a week, I didn't really have any other "me time". But I was ok with spending my only "me" time all on Dance.
Dance kept me motivated, kept me happy. I started feeling stronger, looked better. Didn't lose a pound, but I felt good that I was able to dance again. And then my knee started hurting. I didn't tell my husband. I knew what he was going to say. I continued, and then talked to U. She told me about her knee pains. And I got really worried. I wanted to dance long-term. I didn't want to make the annual day my goal. So I decided to take a break.
After I took the decision, I felt much better. Right now, I am hoping that my knee will get better and I will be able to get back to dance. That is keeping me happy and even optimistic. And it also made me realise, that it would have been much easier for me, if I would have had an age appropriate passion.
Dance kept me motivated, kept me happy. I started feeling stronger, looked better. Didn't lose a pound, but I felt good that I was able to dance again. And then my knee started hurting. I didn't tell my husband. I knew what he was going to say. I continued, and then talked to U. She told me about her knee pains. And I got really worried. I wanted to dance long-term. I didn't want to make the annual day my goal. So I decided to take a break.
After I took the decision, I felt much better. Right now, I am hoping that my knee will get better and I will be able to get back to dance. That is keeping me happy and even optimistic. And it also made me realise, that it would have been much easier for me, if I would have had an age appropriate passion.
1 comment:
Don't loose hope and don't feel that you are old for anything. You should do things that make you happy. I am amazed that you had the drive to start this - do get back once your knees get better. Hope it is not serious with the knees.
Post a Comment